- The Woods Campground is always working to improve ADA Compliance within our Campground and on our Web site.
- Our Web site is being modified to conform to Level “A” Compliance from the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) v2.1 released in June 2018.
We have undergone many facility improvements which include better access for our guests with disabilities.
Access to the main clubhouse can be achieved with no steps. This includes the following facilities:
- Camp Store and Guest Services Desk: Our entire store is easily accessible and our Guest Services Team is ready to assist with account creation, reservations, and check-in. We have a desk built for wheelchair access.
- Bathrooms: There are no steps to enter the bathroom facilities in our clubhouse, and each contains ADA toilet and shower stalls and sinks which will accommodate wheelchair access.
- Covered Patio: Access to our covered patio can be achieved with no steps.
- Dance Club: Access to our dance club can be achieved with no steps. Use the doors from the covered patio.
- Lanai: Access to our Lanai can be achieved with no steps. Enter through the dance club.
- Café: Access to our café can be achieved with no steps. Enter through the dance club. Note: We also have a separate ADA-compliant bathroom for guests dining in the café.
- Parking: We have marked handicapped accessible parking spaces for The Clubhouse at the Guest Services and Bathroom entrances. These spaces were created with flat, concrete, slip-resistant surfaces.
Access to the Pool can be achieved with no steps.
- Enter through the gate near the garden gazebo or the gate adjacent to Gladys and Pearl’s Pool Cabana.
- To enter the pool, it was built with a slip-resistant ramp with handrails, but please note this ramp is not ADA compliant. For ADA-compliant water access, the pool has a lift chair. Please ask a Woods team member for assistance.
- The pool has in-water seating and shaded areas to make your swim more comfortable. The majority of the water depth is 3 feet.
- Access to Gladys and Pearl’s pool cabana can be achieved with no steps. Here, you have quick and easy access to food and beverages. We can also make a café server available to you during café hours. The server can take your order, deliver your food and process your payment from your pool seat.
Access to four comfort stations can be achieved with no steps.
A comfort station is a bathing facility within the camping area. The “Sofia” and “Rose” comfort stations are ADA Compliant with entrance ramps, ADA toilet, shower stalls, and sinks that will accommodate wheelchair access. The “Coco” and “Stanley” comfort stations have entrance ramps and sinks that will accommodate wheelchair access. Showers are wide with low controls but do not have a seat.
Access to coin-operated washing machines and dryers can be achieved with no steps in the “Coco” Comfort Station located between the Woods Pool and the Grove Camping Area.
Access to the Lake at The Woods can be achieved by utilizing a portion of the dam. Please note that swimming is prohibited in the Lake.
The Woods has a variety of Cabins and Park Model accommodations that can be accessed without steps. Please be aware that the terrain around some units requires steps for access. The following cabins can accommodate guests in wheelchairs: C8, C16-18, C60, C61, C62, C158, C159 & PM3.
Please note: There are areas in all accommodations that may not be accessible. Cabins have bunk beds and if you’re unable to climb a ladder, you will not have access to the top bunks. The Park Model has stairs to the loft areas. The hallway and doors to the bedroom and bathroom were not built to accommodate wheelchairs.
DEAF AND HARD OF HEARING GUESTS
Our facilities team always takes into consideration whether adequate lighting is present so deaf and hard of hearing guests can communicate with each other during nighttime activities.
Revisions will be posted on this page.