Information for Groups & Clubs
The Woods is a great place to bring a group of friends or members of a club. We have successfully accommodated a number of them already! Group camping is when you have 12 or more members camping together.
There are three options in regard to the camping area for your group: Standard Sites, Tent Grove Sites, or the Overflow Field
TENT GROVE SITES
The overflow fields span the center of the property. There is a bathroom facility near each so the most you’d have to walk would be about 200 yards. It’s the same distance to the pool and clubhouse area.
Although the overflow campsite does not come with a picnic table or fire ring, for large groups, we can provide 8-foot picnic tables with advance notice. Also, you are allowed to have a camp fire as long as you bring or rent a raised fire dish for your area. Our goal is to prevent random circles of black ash throughout the field. We sell firewood at our store.
Other Useful Information
- Our pricing system automatically discounts for groups. We will come up with an average price per person to make it easier for everyone. We can incorporate the membership fee in the per person rate if it is everyone’s first visit of the season. You can collect payment from your members and pay us for everyone or we can allow your group members to pay us individually if that is more convenient. All we ask is that the entire reservation is paid in full upon the arrival of your first member.
- It’s best to have one person organize the camping trip with The Woods staff and pass on all information to your group members. This group leader will be given access to manage the reservation as described below.
- We ask that only essential vehicles remain on your site (for secure storage). All other vehicles should be parked in our designated parking areas with parking permits properly displayed.
- We always suggest your group members create or update their account in our system prior to their arrival. This speeds the check-in process.
- If you would like to pre-arrange meals with our café, we can either set up a private lunch for your group members (burgers, hot dogs, macaroni/potato salad, chips, etc) for $16 per person, and/or arrange tickets for our breakfast buffet. Our Sunday brunch buffets is very popular.
- Other special requests can be accommodated with advanced notice. Large party tents, porta-potties, large barbeque grills, or anything else from a rental facility can be ordered and organized by our Guest Services.
- Outside excursions such as white water rafting, biking, amusement parks or sporting events can also be organized by our staff with advanced notice.
NEW! Group reservation self management
Groups can now self manage their bookings with new tools within our reservation system. Once our Guest Services team creates your group event in our system, we will assign a group leader. That leader has the ability to add or remove guests, adjust the # of nights of the reservation and make payments.
Adding guests will require the group leader to utilize the “My Camping Family” tool so there will be a bit of setup required prior to managing the reservations.
Here is a draft of an email to send to your group invitees to help you get started.
As a group leader, you will see your group’s reservations listed when you log into your Woods account. Once you have all your group invitees listed on your My Camping Family, you will be able to edit your group’s reservations as you see fit.
Club / Organization Event Hosting
The Next Steps
Please fill out the form below and we will follow up with you.
Once reservations are created and a site tracking # is generated, we can add members or you can do it using our new Group Reservation management tool described above.
Encourage your group members to create or update their accounts in our system prior to their arrival. This will really speed up registration.
If your members want to call us individually with a credit card number or send in a check, we can apply the payment to the site.
"*" indicates required fields