LGBTQ+ Volleyball Play
- Standard beach volleyball rules will apply.
- Competitive play teams will normally consist of 4 players and will be gender blind. Depending on attendance, more or fewer players will be chosen per team.
IN SEASON VOLLEYBALL SCHEDULE:
- Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm is competitive play (BB Level).
- Saturdays from 2 pm to 4 pm are more social play (B Level).
- Recreational play is allowed at all other times.
Competitive round play normally follows a round-robin format.
No registration fee is required, but all players must hold a current campground membership.
B Level – The “B” player:
- Is still in the early learning stages of the game but knows the skills.
- Knows how to bump, set (a little), and spike.
- Has a lot of practice yet to go to be able to do these skills consistently.
- Makes mistakes and can’t always direct their passes to specific players.
BB Level – The “BB” player:
- 7/10 passes go to the person they intend.
- May have played high school volleyball.
- Knows about lifts/doubles, etc.
- Understands rotational sequence, offensive concepts (i.e., 5-1, 6-2, etc.), and defensive positions but may be working to solidify those skills.
- Knows the footwork of and how to approach hitting effectively.
- Solid knowledge of the game and rules.
- Skill levels range from Intermediate to Proficient.