Volleyball at The Woods has evolved into a social, but competitive group of campers!
LGBTQ Volleyball Play
The Woods has professional style sand volleyball courts for both recreational and competitive play. Pre-registration is not required. Interested players should just arrive at the times listed below.
- Standard beach volleyball rules will apply.
- Competitive play teams will normally consist of 4 players and will be gender blind. Depending on attendance, more or less players will be chosen per team.
2020 VOLLEYBALL SCHEDULE:
- Saturdays from 10am to 1pm is competitive play (BB Level).
- Saturdays from 1pm to 3pm is more social play (B Level).
- Recreational play is allowed at all other times.
Competitive round play normally follows a round robin format.
No registration fee is required, but all players must hold a current campground membership.
Questions? Please contact The Woods’ Recreation Manager Dan@TheWoods.camp.
B Level - The “B” player:
- Is still in the early learning stages of the game but knows the skills.
- Knows how to bump, set (a little), and spike.
- Has a lot of practice yet to go to be able to do these skills consistently.
- Makes mistakes and can’t always direct their passes to specific players.
BB Level - The “BB” player:
- 7/10 passes go to the person they intend.
- May have played high school volleyball.
- Knows about lifts/doubles, etc.
- Understands rotational sequence, offensive concepts (i.e., 5-1, 6-2, etc.) and defensive positions but may be working to solidify those skills.
- Knows the footwork of and how to approach hitting effectively.
- Solid knowledge of the game and rules.
- Skill levels range from Intermediate to Proficient.